Ok, so after posting a picture of my fair winning cookies on my Facebook mobile uploads a few people said they wanted my recipe. Just so you know this recipe is rather time consuming, but oh so delicious! These are cookies your grandma would be proud of :)
So First the recipe for the initial cookie:
1 1/4 C. Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Peanut Butter
1 C. Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter, peanut butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips
Set to the side!
Now your going to make your filling and topping!
1/4 C. Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
1/4 C. Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl mix the peanuts, granulated sugar, and cinnamon, set to the side.
- In another bowl mix together peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape into about 1/2in. balls.
- Take your cookie dough and roll it into about 1in. balls than flatted then with your hand, take the peanut butter/powdered sugar balls and flatten with your hand.
- Place the peanut butter/powdered sugar flattened ball on top of the cookie dough.
- Fold the sides of the cookie dough over the peanut butter/powdered sugar center.
- After you fold the edges and completely cover the center filling, roll the dough back into a nice ball careful not to let the center show.
- Then take the ball and roll it in the peanuts, granulated sugar, cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat, repeat!
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies with a fork, but not as intensely as you normally would a peanut butter cookie, you DONT want the fork marks to show.
- Bake for about 8 minuets, if the cookies are a little soft and gooey upon coming out of the oven just let this sit for a few minuets. I used parchment paper so I could just lift the cookies off the sheet to cool and replaced it with another sheet of parchment paper to bake more.
- After the cookies are completely cool drizzle with melted baking chocolate! This makes them look wonderful, as well as taste even better!
So there’s my fair winning cookie recipe! I currently have these cookies at state fair and I should see how they did here real soon!
Let me know if you tried my recipe and what you thought!