Monday, June 14, 2010

As I look around my room…

I see piles of clothes… Everywhere, and that is not an exaggeration. It seems that us girls (and guys to I am sure) are marvelous at accumulating large amounts of clothes. Soooo I have begun the very difficult task of sorting through all these clothes and deciding what I should keep and what I should get rid of. I’m trying to tell myself “If you haven’t worn it in 6 months to a year you probably aren’t going to wear it anytime soon!” If you to are having a hard time parting with clothes this is a very good method to go by. Since we all know that no matter how many clothes we get rid of, we are probably going to replace them soon anyways. :)

My first attempt to get rid of some clothes failed in a way. I tried to take a bag of clothes to Plato’s Closet in Kennewick and they only took like 3 articles of clothing and the other clothes were actually in pretty good condition. They just didn’t “fit” with everything else they had. Yeah…. That made loads of sense since double breasted jackets, skinny jeans, and v-necks were all hanging on racks in that store. Not to mention I was attempting to get rid of an ex-boyfriends shirt, and a jacket from another guy who must not be named. Figured I’d get some money out of heartache. haha

If you have clothes of a high quality that you are trying to sell I recommend trying a clothing re-sale store first (Plato’s Closet, Buffalo Exchange, Red Light…. ect.) Stores like Plato’s Closet want items that are usually less than 2 years old and how much your going to get for your clothes on going to vary by location. The time they spend pricing your items is what kills you, since by the time they are finally done you’ve picked out all the new clothes you want from their floor items, so be strong! Remember what you went in there for in the first place! To sell your clothes! Not buy more!

I need to finish sorting my clothes, I feel a giant yard sale coming on! :)

Loves. Channy

1 comment:

  1. or bring along a friend when you go in those stores that ask very difficult questions that usually make you ponder whether or not its worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete