I only had two classes today and they are all over with now! So the first week didn’t seem to be to bad. Only got lost a handful of times trying to get to classes, and I didn’t want to seem like a total and utter freshman by pulling out my map every now and then, but I did it anyways! Only one of my classes was really what I call “hidden”. However, I find that if you walk into classes five minuets late than its easier to make conversation with whomever has an empty seat next to them.
I feel like nearly all of my classes are just repeating high school, especially my biology 101 class and my chemistry class (sort of), I don’t think you can count what my high school chemistry teacher did as actually teaching the class. So far all my teachers are pretty laid back only one of them wants to go by Mr.. So and So, all the others are on the first name bases. They say that the 12 years of school leading up to college were to prepare us for college, however, I am pretty sure you’d get into quite a bit of trouble by calling your teacher by their first name back in the day.
Dorm living isn’t as bad or as great as I thought it would be. Its cool(ish) during the day if you know how to get your room tempature down and way to stinking hot at night!
I really do love being in a place where everyone looks so different and has so many different styles. In Hermiston, there are really like two styles, normal and weird it seems and here people are just who they want to be. I love it. I spent to many years in high school wondering if people thought what I was wearing or how I did my hair was weird and I’d say about 60% thought I was weird and the other 40% thought I was ok. Its ok though, since I found about 70% of them being people whom I wanted nothing to do with in the first place.
Anyways, I got an IHSA (Intercollegiate Horse Show Association) placement meeting tonight and try outs for the team on Sunday! I am super duper excited. There were quite a lot of girls and a few boys at the informational meeting the other day but, I’d classify about half of them as horse “enthusiast” and not people who are real knowledgeable about horses and showing. So this weekend should be interesting.
Oh! I gave my blog a make-over! Do you like it?
How is everyone else’s first weeks of school going?